Re: Problem with ldapadd - parent does not exist

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 13:11, Markus.Jung@de.tds-global.com wrote:
> pingu:/etc/init.d# ldapadd -x -D "cn=admin,dc=pingu,dc=de" -W -f
> "/root/ldif/newentry.ldif"
> Enter LDAP Password:
> adding new entry "cn=Markus Jung,dc=pingu,dc=de"
> ldap_add: No such object
>         additional info: parent does not exist
>
> What means this to me???

this tells you, that one or even both of the parent entries to
"cn=Markus Jung,dc=pingu,dc=de" do/does not exist.

have you already created the entries "dc=de" and
"dc=pingu,dc=de" ?

> What do I have to do to make my ldapadd work??

a) add the entries "dc=de" and "dc=pingu,dc=de", or
b) set the ldap suffix to "dc=pingu,dc=de"

and read the openldap administrators guide :)

cheers,
tom.

--

Thomas Hager                  | "Microsoft is not the answer.
Technical Product Development |  Microsoft is the question.