Re: Query

> Am I missing some step in between that sets up indexes?

First off, are you searching on what you index on?

Second, while updates from Net::LDAP will be indexed, if you have previous
entries that were not indexed, your data and indices will be left in an
inconsistant state. To make sure your index and date agree, run
slapdindex.

> 1. Optimizing searches through using "slave slapd servers" that only
> handle searches:

Yes, I do this as do many others. See the Admin guide on "replication".
Replicate the master to the slaves and have the slaves refer to the master
for updates. Point your clients to the slaves.