Re: Private key for slurpd etc.

Sorry,

I wrote BS.

Regards, Vadim Tarassov.

Tarassov Vadim wrote:

Hallo everybody,

When I specified path to private key in ~.slapdrc file slurpd started to authenticate himself against slapd. What I find a bit strange is that slurpd expects encrypted private key, though slapd does not! I remember I was reading somewhere in docs that slapd does not want to have encrypted key because it is ment to be an "automatically started server", which means that there is nobody to enter password when slapd is started. And why not slurpd? Why slurpd can not use the same key in the same form as master slapd?

Regards, Vadim Tarassov.

	Vadim Tarassov
	e-Platform Solution Center
	mailto:vadim.tarassov@winterthur.ch
	Phone +41 52 261 73 22, Fax +41 52 261 46 40
	Mobile +41 076 380 51 26
	Winterthur Insurance
	Paulstrasse 12
	CH-8401 Winterthur