Re: {KERBEROS} userPasswords

I agree. While SASL is an excellent idea adoption has been slow in the
Windows application arena and unfortunately most of the the client
applications used in environments like ours are Windows based. The
{KERBEROS} user password attribute also allows for selective storing of
passwords in different places -- we have some accounts that actually
have a {SHA} password in the directory but most of our users come from
Kerberos it allows for a good mix and allows an easy SASL/Strong
Authentication migration path.