Sharing of address books

Hi everyone.

Sorry for the newbie question, but I am a little stuck, my question  is;

I plan to have a few address books stored in an LDAP directory and I need to
share them,

for example the address books could be as such,

ou=businessContacts,ou=contacts,o=myCompany
ou=footballClubContacts,ou=contacts,o=myCompany

I need to be able to restrict viewing of these address books to only people
who have rights to search for contacts in the relavant address book.  What
is the most common or the "best" approach to setup these restrictions.

Thanks you for your time and help in advance.

Regards,

S. Iqbal