slap_get_listener_addresses: getaddrinfo ai_addr is NULL?

Hello

I am trying to install openldap v2.1.2 on a suse 7.3 system with
berkeley DB 4.0.14. I can't get slapd to start, here is my master.log

@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.1.2 (Thu Jun 13 12:53:33 PDT 2002) $

user@host:/export/home/openldap-2.1.2/servers/slapd
daemon_init: ldap://localhost:9009/
daemon_init: listen on ldap://localhost:9009/
daemon_init: 1 listeners to open...
ldap_url_parse_ext(ldap://localhost:9009/)
slap_get_listener_addresses: getaddrinfo ai_addr is NULL?
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

I have been searching the archives for a solution. I have seen numerous
other people whom appear to have had the same problem however have found
no answer that works.

Thanks
Travis Reid