From: Torgeir Veimo [mailto:torgeir@pobox.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 4:40 PM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: Dynamic Groups

On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 21:20, Saini, Dharmender wrote:
> Does OpenLdap supports dynamic groups?
> I have seen examples in JLDAP, such as
> AddUserToGroup.java, DynamicGroup.java and
> ListGroups.java, Do these examples work in
> OpenLdap?

I guess you mean groups that are specified with a

memberof: groupname

attribute on the member itself instead of a groupofuniquenames entry
with a multivalue

member: persondn

?

OpenLDAP doesn't support using these in aci's, but otherwise you can use
them as much as you need.

I'm not shure how hard it would be to add support for such groups, you
can take a look at the source code.

--
-Torgeir