Re: ADS + OpenLDAP

Emilio Recio wrote:
Just wondering, flog me if this is offtopic, but does OpenLDAP's password field sync perfectly with ADS' passwordfield? IE: can I just ldapsearch the password field from openldap and feed that into ADS using command line openldap tools (on unix). On another note, will slappasswd produce passwords that can be used on both?

-Elmo

Not unless you store your OpenLDAP passwords in cleartext.

I assume your're trying to synchronize your users in OpenLDAP and your users in ADS, together with their passwords? I've done this by running an OpenLDAP replica on win2k together with backperl and a perl script that committed the user changes to ADS using ADSI. I use NT password sych. DLL to pass Win2k password changes back to OpenLDAP. Some info is at http://acctsync.sourceforge.net/ .

--Kervin