Re: Replicating Lotus Domino Master LDAP Server with OPENLDAP Slave server

For {other LDAP server}->OpenLDAP sych., try psearch.  I'd bet domino
supports "persistant search control" or some variation of psearch.  A
client does a persistant search ( maybe using Java and JNDI ), and can
pass on changes over to OpenLDAP.  Therefore you wouldn't have to poll
Dominoe.  This would probably work with any LDAP server implementing some
sought of psearch control, eg. Active Directory, iPlanet.

For OpenLDAP->{other LDAP server}.  "ldap" backend and "meta" backend??  I
haven't used those, but that's what they're here for I think.

For OpenLDAP->{any other datastore} synchronization, you can use an
OpenLDAP replica configured with back perl.  This replica is configured
for back perl only and serves as a gateway to the other datastore.  I use
this to sync OpenLDAP users with Win2K users for instance.

--Kervin