Re: Replicating Lotus Domino Master LDAP Server with OPENLDAP Slave server

Domino doesn't "send updates" the same way that OpenLDAP does.  I think that the
best bet to get this working would be to write an interface program that would act
like a Domino server doing a replication request.  This "interface" could talk to
Domino like another server and discover the new records the Domino way and then
reformat and then pass those updates to the OpenLDAP slave in a format that
OpenLDAP likes.  You can find more information about the Domino API from the
Lotus site.

Another way would be to periodically query the Domino server for all records and
then determine which ones of those don't appear in the OpenLDAP version.  Then
just apply those that are needed.  Although I couldn't do it, this should be something
that could be done fairly easily with Perl.  You could run this process as often as
necessary.

How up to date does your information have to be?  How fast does it change?
Depending upon your situation, it might even be acceptable to reload all data into
your OpenLDAP machine from Domino once per day or so.  Although not the most
elegant, it should work for some and obviously is the simplest.  On the other hand, if
you need it to be more up to date, then you might have to do something more
complex.

If you get this working reliably, please report back to the list.  I know that there are
others would be interested.

Allan.