Re: Something about Lotus Domino and (Open)LDAP

----- Original Message -----
From: "Markus Schabel" <markus.schabel@tgm.ac.at>
To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 4:27 PM
Subject: Something about Lotus Domino and (Open)LDAP

> Hi
>
> I've installed a Lotus Domino 5.0.9 Server on a Linux (debian 3.0) system,
and
> now I have 3 questions:
>
> 1) I have anonymous access to the LDAP-Directory, but how can I bind to
the
> Directory? It doesn't work with the User-Password I need for my
Notes-ID-File.

Under the "Basic" tab for a user, there is an "Internet password:" field.
It is the "Internet Password" you will use to authenticate to Domino LDAP,
not the password associated with your ID file.

I access Domino LDAP with a login and password for several applications.  It
is a lot slower than I would like, but works okay.  Possibly you can set
indexes on their LDAP server to speed it up.  I actually dump the entire
Domino LDAP directory to memory before importing parts of it to OpenLDAP.
There seems to be a high cost per transaction when you perform thousands of
queries.

> 2) Is it possible to replicate the Domino-(LDAP)-Directory to a
OpenLDAP-Server?
> If it is possible, how could it be done? If it isn't possible, are there
any
> work-arounds?

I don't see why not, if you can replicate their schema.

> 3) when i have non-anonymous access to my Domino-LDAP, can I modify the
> Attributes, or is this only possible via Lotus Notes?

I haven't tried to do this.

> greetz

Fox