Re: ldapsearch with simple bind to active directory

Samuel asked:

"Does Active Directory enable simple binds with clear Passwords ?"

The answer is yes.  I actually occassionally connect this way as Domain
Admin, exposing my password clear text for anyone to sniff until we get
IPSec working.

Is the name on the account actually "DLYRES" or is that the logon name
(sAMAccountName)?  If you set up your AD name to be "Dlyra Resanault", you
need to authenticate as:

"cn=Dlyra Resanault,cn=Users,dc=diwan,dc=fr "

I highly recommend installing freeware LDAPBrowser by Jarek Gawor (don't
confuse it with commercial products with the same name).  Do your bind
testing with it first, and once you get that working, try ldapsearch and
squid.

Link to LDAPBrowser:
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~gawor/ldap/index.html

Fox