Implementing LDAP with Apache Server

I'm looking to build an Apache server environment and would like to know if
there are any documents out there on how to set up an LDAP environment.
I've been to the Apache web site and reviewed several books and they have
mentioned using a module. Does anyone know where I might find more
information on this module and if there are any additional modules that
might be helpful?

Thanks.

alan

The information contained herein is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s).  It shall not be construed as a recommendation to
buy or sell any security.  Any unauthorized access, use, reproduction,
disclosure or dissemination is prohibited.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall assume any legal liability or responsibility for any incorrect,
misleading or altered information contained herein.