Re: AW: crypted password in slapd.conf

I use the following:

rootdn="uid=root,ou=roles,dc=wiwo,dc=nl"
rootpw=secret

Then I add the rootdn into the LDAP-server
I give this user dn="uid=root,ou=roles,dc=wiwo,dc=nl"
a real password (encrypted).

Finally I remove the rootpw from the slapd.conf:

rootdn="uid=root,ou=roles,dc=wiwo,dc=nl"
#rootpw=secret

Now my rootpw is in the ldap server, just like any other user/password

In case of real trouble, I uncomment the rootpw above, to gain access
to my ldap again, but that wasn't needed after the first week when I
started with this stuff.

HTH,

Marcel

ing. Marcel van Dorp (CCDP, CCNP+security)   http://www.wiwo.nl
WiWo Support                                 tel. 071-523 77 91
Postbus 1098                                 fax  071-523 77 94
2340 BB Oegstgeest                           gsm  0653-50 77 76