Re: A quick question!

Zamangoer, Ferruh writes:
> I want to know what is the standard for person entry in a Dit do I take cn
> or uid ??????

It depends on your DIT structure.  If you use
	dc=materna, dc=de
as you root, it might be most natural to use uid.  If you use
	o=your organization, c=DE
then cn might be better.

On the gripping hand, if you use CN you run into problems with non-ASCII
letters in the DN.  Some clients don't handle that well.  Here at the
University of Oslo we translate them to similar ASCII characters.  We've
been saying for a long time that we'll quit doing that Real Soon Now, we
just need to get rid of stupid clients first...

--
Hallvard