Re: slapd : what is error 32 ?

Ken Schneider <kschneider@rtsx.com> wrote:

> This is exactly why linux is not more popular.

It should be noted here, that when I was a (even more than now) newbie at
LDAP, having the same problem as you, I made the following Google-query,
and
behold, what remarkable clear answer did it produce...

->

->

"32 - LDAP_NO_SUCH_OBJECT - No such object".

And that was just one of many possible urls that appeared.

Should be rather easy. Morale: Use the net before a mailinglist/newsgroup.

> Why  is  it SO difficult to produce a document containing error codes
with
> an  explanation  as  to what they mean without having to searching
through
> Google and hoping to find a result?

Is  it  difficult  to  use Google to find answers? If you ask me, a
document
somewhere on my hard drive or in a drawer is harder to find...

--
Vyrdsamt...
Jakob Breivik Grimstveit, jakob@grimstveit.net, www.grimstveit.net/jakob/

If you cannot convince them, confuse them.