Re: Q: How to prevent substring searches on "uid" attribute

Today at 10:23am, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:

> If there is some ACI you can use I can't find it.  But there is one
> dirty way: Remove 'SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch' from the 'uid'
> description in etc/openldap/schema/core.schema.  You may regret that
> if you later forget that you did it and use uid differently, though.
>
> A cleaner way is to make your own attribute without a SUBSTR
> matchingrule and use that instead of uid.

Thank you,  I dug around yesterday and came up with the same two
solutions.  I have created my own version of uid -- I know I'll forget
to update the real uid if I took that route... that would not be good.

Systems Programmer              | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
                    === God Bless Us All ===