RE: shadowaccount expiry

This comes from RFC 2307 which itself is derived from Sun's original
definition of /etc/shadow. Personally I think RFC 2307 is a mistake;
these attributes should have been specified as GeneralizedTime. RFC 2307
itself is extremely closely bound with Sun/Solaris' view of the world,
and does not support common account attributes from systems like AIX,
HP-UX, or SCO OpenServer. It has other problems too, like not using DNs
for the members of a posixGroup, etc. etc... It is unfortunate that this
RFC is worded as if it were applicable to Unix in general when it is
primarily a specification for using Sun's NIS in LDAP.

  -- Howard Chu