Page Control vs. Virtual List View Control...

Hello all, I have a question concerning these two mechanism for result retrieval.

I need to communicate with Active Directory which has a default limit of 1000 results returned and I need to implement a paging mechanism of some kind to do so - my question is which of these two is better / supported / right for the task?

Also, searching the web, I don't find much related to actual examples of implementing this kind of task. If anyone has done so, if you can give me some details to shorten my implementation time, that would be fantastic.

Thanks,
- Nick