Re: Ldap and Sendmail - using nss_ldap?

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Ken Kleiner wrote:

> Hi...
>
>   I'm planning on using sendmail to deliver local mail.  My users will be in a openldap databse.
>
>   When using sendmail for mail delivery, will the delivery agent just know the unix usernames based
> on the nss_ldap module?  I.e., do I have to TELL sendmail to do ldap lookups for simple delivery
> into /usr/spool/mail/username ?

No, sendmail should drop mail locally as long as you have the correct mail
routing setup for your domain.  Sendmail only needs to know
if you are using it to route mail to multiple mail servers, which
also works quite well.

Regards
James Bourne

--
James Bourne, Supervisor Data Centre Operations
Mount Royal College, Calgary, AB, CA

addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged
information. Please contact the sender immediately if you are not the
intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or
take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or