Re: absolute newbie -- how do I connect with rootdn

On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 07:00, Jan-Piet Mens wrote:
> Your rootDN appears to be
> 	 rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=softgate.ro,dc=ro"
> so use it. The `cn=manager' is not a distinguished name; just part of it!

This is a question I've had as well - is there any way to configure the
default search so that
cn=Manager
would be a perfectly good alias for
cn=Manager,dc=softgate.ro,dc=ro
?

> 	-JP
>

> On Tue, 21 May 2002, Lucian Ion wrote:
>
> > I tried connecting with User DN as cn=Manager and password as secret, connection failed. Then I used slappasswd to generate some encrypted pass I think, I gave it secret and got               {SSHA}Gl6SqOGg2lNoTBAJkvm7M+9CToE26A2z  I put it in slapd.conf instead of secret and tried to connect with cn=Manager and secret but it still didn't work.
> > database        ldbm
> > suffix          "dc=softgate.ro,dc=ro"
> > #suffix         "o=My Organization Name,c=US"
> > rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=softgate.ro,dc=ro"

Hunter Matthews                          Unix / Network Administrator
Office: BioScience 145/244               Duke Univ. Biology Department
Key: F0F88438 / FFB5 34C0 B350 99A4 BB02  9779 A5DB 8B09 F0F8 8438
Never take candy from strangers. Especially on the internet.