Re: Back-END Problem

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 10:49:18AM -0300, Paulo Angelo wrote:
% 	I tried to use OpenLDAP w/ ldbm, and its very slow when you put
% ~20.000 entries in the base, a select here tooked about 45 seconds,
% using MySQL as back-end a query is about 50 times faster. Don't we have
% something fast as MySQL back-end and good as ldbm?

Are you sure you have the proper indexes on the attributes you're searching
on? Add the proper indexes in slapd.conf and run slapindex. I've got almost
half a million entries in a DBM backend with OpenLDAP 2.0.x.

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o
jwm@horde.net        _-< \_          /  \       ----  <  \,