Re: matching facsimileTelephoneNumber

Marcel,
I've got a work around. It may not be the best solution, but that's why I said 'work around'. :)

I've selected another atrribute to query.
 destinationIndicator

It seems that the facsimileTelephoneNumber attrib does not allow the types of queries we are trying, but destinationIndicator does.

I made the modifications to my directory tree last week and things seem pretty smooth.

Hope this helps.
-casey

M.vanDorp@wiwo.nl wrote:
Hi Casey,

I've had similar problems with matching, and tried the following:

fax=*

and found: facsimileTelephoneNumber=071-5237794

Which is correct.

When I search for: fax=071-5237794

I find nothing!!

I tried your examples too, but to no avail.

I've written a little webtool in php, and tried the same search,
but with the same results. Even when I try a complete match
(fax=071-5237794), it won't find anything!

I guess I'm back to the RFC's (sigh).

The thought occurred I might not be using the correct filter syntax, so I digged a bit deeper into regexp notation (as you use for defining ACLs in slapd.conf), and tried ".*7794", but with no results, too.

Maybe the "=" only compares strings, not phonenumbers, but I'm not sure.

Please let me know if you find a solution (probably something very
simple, but....)

Thanks,

Marce