problem running configure script with cyrus sasl support

I am trying to build OpenLDAP with Cyrus SASL support
on my FreeBSD system. I already installed MIT Kerberos
5 (version 1.2.5) and then Cyrus SASL (version 1.5.27)
successfully.

When I run the configure script for OpenLDAP, I get
the error:

checking for tputs in -ltermcap... yes
checking for sasl.h... yes
checking for sasl_client_init in -lsasl...no

I printed out what the configuration script was doing
that made it fail. I found out that it is failing
because the following test compile fails:

cc -o conftest.exe -g -O2 conftest.c -lsasl
/usr/local/lib/libkrb5.so: warning: mktemp() possibly
used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
/usr/local/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so: undefined reference
to `add_error_table'
/usr/local/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so: undefined reference
to `remove_error_table'

Has anyone encountered this problem, or know how to
fix it?

Thanks,
Dave