Re: CA cert and ldaprc handling issues in OpenLDAP

At 06:07 PM 2002-05-13, Kervin L. Pierre wrote:
>Is the use of environment variables in this case thread safe?

Read access is.  If you muck with the environment, you should
provide proper synchronization with any and all libraries
calls which read from the environment, e.g., muck before you
spawn threads.

>ie., can I set one thread LDAPNOINIT, but use the default ldap.conf in another without a possible race condition?

ldap.conf(5) initialization is attempted once upon first use of
the API.   An application can protect against race conditions
by providing proper synchronization between threads.

Kurt