Re: newbie question - LDAP and Active Directory

Em Thu, May 09, 2002 at 02:22:01PM -0700, Dave Snoopy escreveu:
> ldapsearch to do this. The problem is that I'm using
> the '-x' option for simple security. The result is
> that I have to send my administrator password across
> the network in clear text!
>
> I'd like to be able to do this using some kind of
> secure LDAP so that I don't have to expose my password
> like this. Does anyone know how to do this or have
> some experience with this? Any information at all
> would be helpful.

Just enable SSL on the windows machine and use -H ldaps://
with ldapsearch.

To enable SSL on win2k, you have to install the CA tools,
create a CA and request a certificate. I did this with
mmc and the computer certificates snapin. After this,
port 636 will be open on the windows server and ready for
connections :)

(You may need a reboot or two, don't forget this is windows).