Re: how to migrate from v1 to v2 using LDIF?

On Tuesday, May 7, 2002, at 05:52 , Abhishek Srivastava wrote:

If you want to use ldif file then you can use ldapsearch -x -LLL-h
[ipaddress/hostname] -b"" objectclass=* > file.ldf. You will get the data in
ldif format modify it and then using ldapmodify you can again upload the
data in the directory.

Hi
thanks. Yes, after sending my message I got to thinking I could use some form of ldapearch. Thanks, I got my LDIF files now. Now I am just having a hard time getting it imported because of logical problems (not syntax or usage)

thanks
Chad

-----Original Message----- From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 1:02 PM To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org Subject: how to migrate from v1 to v2 using LDIF?

Hi All

I have an OpenLDAP v1 database I would like to migrate to OpenLDAP v2.
I would like to do it via LDIF since I need to go in and change some of
the attribute names for my v2 database.  I saw in the Faq-o-matic the
slapcat command.  Unfortunatelty, that seems to be a V2 command only, as
it does not exist on my v1 db system.  What is the  best way to go about
doing this?

Thanks
Chad