Re: Schema Update Using JNDI

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 03:04:17PM +0100, Thomas Reading wrote:
% I'm trying to dynamically modify the schema of an openLDAP server running on
% LINUX using JNDI as outlined in the Sun tutorial
% (http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/tutorial/ldap/schema/object.html) . When
% I try to add a new object class to the schema I get the following:
%
% Error [LDAP: error code 53 - modification of subschema subentry not
% supported]
[snip]
% Is it possible to dynamically add to the schema using Java as shown above?

Check the FAQ; dynamic modification of the schema is not supported (yet?).

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o
jwm@horde.net        _-< \_          /  \       ----  <  \,