Re: Hashed ROOTPW

The proper way to do this is use 'slappasswd' - that is, if you're running v2.

regards,
	David

Roman Pagac wrote:
Dear colleagues!

I have problem with attribute ROOTPW in slapd.conf file. I would like to
store value of this attribute hashed (better than plain text). I have hashed
my root password ("abc123") with MD5 algorithm. My slapd.conf file is
following:

# Standard schemas
include		./schema/core.schema
include		./schema/cosine.schema
include		./schema/inetorgperson.schema
include		./schema/misc.schema

pidfile		./slapd.pid
argsfile		./slapd.args

# ldbm database definitions
database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=DEV-PAGAC,dc=net"
directory       ./openldap-ldbm
rootdn          "cn=PagacR,dc=DEV-PAGAC,dc=net"
rootpw          "{md5}E99A18C428CB38D5F260853678922E03"
cachesize       7500
dbcachesize     750000
dbnolocking

# Indices to maintain
index default                   pres,eq
index objectClass,uid
index cn                        eq,sub
index sn                        eq,sub
index mail                      eq,sub
index otherMailbox              pres

But when I wanted to connect to LDAP database I received error message:
Inappropriate authentication. And problem is certainly in ROOTPW because if
I use rootpw without hashing, connection is OK. I use Win2k.

Thank you for all advices.

Roman Pagac.

--
David L. Parsley