OpenLDAP getting data from MySQL backend

Ok here's the thing, say I have a database in MySQL with addresses, and
contact information for some people and businesses, is there a way LDAP
could like get information from that database like the postalcode
attribute would be stored in a field called postalcode, and the o
attribute would be stored in a field called business or something like
that?

Thing is I won't be able to use LDAP to store all the information I
need, and to do what I want a MySQL is probably the best way to do it
but I want to be able to look for email and contact info that are stored
in that database from outlook.

Jean-Rene Cormier