Re: ldap library link pb

Hello,

I'm not sure if I understood your post right:  You have openldap libraries
installed and would like to link another program/library with them.  This
is the relevant part from my Makefile:

CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
LIBS=-lc -lldap -llber -lssl -lcrypto

I was able to compile my program with both vac and gcc on v4.3 and v5.1.
The openldap libraries are static so I didn't have to do anything special
to get a program which includes the LDAP code (I suppose that that is your
objective).  If the libraries are shared objects on your computer, then
using the "noautoimp" ld option should help.  I guess that you should read
the ld(1) man page to get precise information about linking.

Hth,

Dejan
Please respond to Christophe Thibault <chris@planisware.com>
Sent by:        owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org