Re: SSL problems, certificate missmatch

--On Freitag, 12. April 2002 08:30 -0700 Leila Lappin <galaxylappin@comcast.net> wrote:

I'm not passing hostname to ldapsearch becuase I have only the default
hostnames (localhost.localadmin) setup.  I start the server passing -h
"ldap:/// ldaps:///" which are supposed to use the default hostname.  So I
can't see how I'm passing different hostnames.

The -h Parameter to ldapsearch needs to be hostname that is stored in the server's certificate. Just using
ldapsearch -b somebase type=value
will use localhost as the hostname. This is probably not what you have in your certificate. Try
ldapserach -h FQDN -b somebase type=value
where FQDN is the fully qualified domain name of your server.

See also RFC2830.

--
Norbert Klasen, Dipl.-Inform.
DAASI International GmbH                 phone: +49 7071 29 70336