Re: why doesn't my plain text password show a plain text value? [thanks]

That's something I didn't know :-)  thanks for enlightening me.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 2:56 PM
Subject: RE: why doesn't my plain text password show a plain text value?

Good day,

Because passwords can hold characters that are not normally stored in LDAP, they are Base64 encoded.

Note that this is only to hold the password data; the Base64 data can be easily decoded into plaintext.  It goes without saying that you should use encypted passwords. =)

Darren Gamble
Planner, Regional Services
Shaw Cablesystems GP
630 - 3rd Avenue SW