Difference ldap server - ils server

Hello folks,

I have a general question about the difference between a ldap server and an ILS server (internet location server)

I guess an ILS server is also a ldap server, but an ILS server is only used for neetmeeting? (correct?)
can an ILS server contain any information that is not netmeeting related?

A normal ldap server can contain any kind of information,
but I guess you can use a normal ldap server also for netmeeting ? (correct?)

I do know that for netmeeting a particular syntax is needed for each entry, (objectClass=RTPerson etc....)
and that there is also a non-standard impemenation of the 'refresh' function
in order to signal to the ils server that an entry is still alive,
and that the entry may not be deleted
(for netmeeting a search must be done for the cn with attibute sttl to reset a timer that contains a time to live counter)
I do not know how this is done for a normal ldap server.... (can anyone expain in short? or give a link)

thanks in advance !

greetings,
    Michel