Re: Non ASCII char in dn?

Jean-Rene Cormier wrote:

> Is there a way to put Non ASCII chars in the dn? I'm trying to add some
> entries using dn: o=some company,ou=someplace,dc=mydomain,dc=com with
> french characters in the o but it doesn't work even if it's UTF8 encode
> is there another way I can do that?

The generic answer is: yes; see rfc2256 and draft-ietf-ldapbis-dn-XX.txt
basically you need to turn them in UTF-8 and then encode them as
'\'+HEXPAIR, where HEXPAIR is a couple of hexadecimal digits that
represent each octet of your char.

Depending on the version of OpenLDAP you're using this may work
as expected or not; 2.1 will be fully compliant with the standard;
HEAD already is.

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 |