Re: ldap_sasl_interative_bind_s error

I guess a better question then might be will I run into problem if I run
it like this ?

    On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 01:39:45PM -0700, David Wright wrote:

    Without a -x, the ldap* commands attempt to bind using SASL
    authentication, rather than straight, cleartext password authentication.
     If you want to use SASL authentication, you'll have to set it up.

    IMHO, SASL is a worse than useless security system. It stores passwords
    in cleartext and thinks it is improving security by allowing
    authentication by passing, in cleartext, the MD5 hash of a password.
    Unfortunately, SASL managed to get itself into the v3 LDAP spec.

    Either always use the -x or recompile OpenLDAP --without-sasl.

--
I feel naked outside of Vim.