Antwort: linking OpenLDAP binaries statically

Why not using the archive ?
Compile the libs and then edit the Makefile of /clients/tools
My statical linkage of my client program looks like this:

 gcc -Wall test.c -o test /usr/lib/libldap.a /usr/lib/liblber.a
/usr/lib/libssl.a /usr/lib/libnsl.a /usr/lib/libresolv.a
/usr/lib/libcrypt.a /usr/lib/libdb.a  /usr/lib/libsasl.a
/usr/lib/libcrypto.a /usr/lib/libdl.a   /usr/lib/libl.a
/usr/lib/libldap_r.a

The archives are all build or included in the packages.
Now the program is much more bigger because all libs are compiled in.
Franz Skale
mainwork information technology AG
IT-Services
Tech Gate Vienna
Donaucitystrasse 1
A-1220 Wien
Tel: +43 1 333 48 58-0
Fax: +43 1 333 48 58-24
e-mail: f.skale@mainwork.com
Internet: http://www.mainwork.com

                    Olivier Piras
                    <opiras@partner.auchan.com        An:     openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
                    >                                 Kopie:
                    Gesendet von:                     Thema:  linking OpenLDAP binaries statically
                    owner-openldap-software@Op
                    enLDAP.org

                    08.04.2002 10:43

good day gentlemen,

my client is in the process of moving its whole IT infrastructure to
opensource.
for that purpose, we are integrating a messaging solution based on qmail
and
OpenLDAP.

the trouble is that we can't seem to get OpenLDAP binaries linked
statically.
the following commands:

LDFLAGS='-L/AIT/db/lib -L/AIT/openssl/lib -static'
CPPFLAGS='-I/AIT/db/include -I/AIT/openssl/include'
export LDFLAGS CPPFLAGS

./configure --prefix=/AIT/openldap \
             --enable-static        \
             --disable-shared

..don't work as expected here (with both OpenLDAP 2.0.21 and 2.0.23 on
Linux RedHat 7.2);  the package builds, but we still end up with
dynamically
linked binaries.

from what I can see from the OpenLDAP Software Mailing List archive,
someone (markwhitehouse@home.com) ran into the same problem
last november.  it seems however that no repsonse was posted on the
list at that time, and I wasn't able to contact Mark personnally.

did anybody have a chance to look at this ?

   best regards,
     -Olivier.