Re: Restricting login to certain hosts

thomas.emde@scaleon.de writes:

Hello,

I manage linux user accounts in an ldap database and use openldap and pam for
login authentification. Now I would like to
restrict the access of these users to only certain host machines. I know that I
can add a "host: " directive(s) to an account-object
in ldap but how can I make pam have these entries checked and possibly deny
access if a user logs in to a host for which no
"host " directive exists in his account?

mit freundlichen Grüßen/with best regards

Your question is more appropriate for a pam_ldap specific mailing
list; I recall this question being asked many times on the
pam_ldap list at padl.com, but I don't remember if there was a clear
answer. I guess they're maintaining mailing list archives, though.

You may check http://www.padl.com

Pierangelo.

Dr. Pierangelo Masarati | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Dip. Ing. Aerospaziale | fax: +39 02 2399 8334
Politecnico di Milano | mailto:pierangelo.masarati@polimi.it
via La Masa 34, 20156 Milano, Italy | http://www.aero.polimi.it/~masarati