From: "Le Ngoc Thach" <lnthach@azthink.com>
To: "David Hsu" <ldaplearner@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: A Beginner's Question!!
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 12:49:22 +0700

Hi, you installed openldap-2.0.23 successfully from the source package or binary rpm package?

I'm using openldap-2.0.10-13 (in the RedHat 7.2 CD-ROM).

My LAN system is Windows 2000 Server.

I'm going to migrate to Linux. Here is my plan:

1) Install an openldap server into a RedHat Linux 7.2.
2) Copy all of user accounts in Window 2000 Active Directory to Ldap-Server. (It's possible synchronize AD and LDAP).
3) I'll configure LDAP and RedHat how to based-window clients use their current account in AD to explore services in Linux.

I have read some document about PAM LDAP, NSS LDAP, tool LDIFDE in Win2K, SAMBA. It's seem to migrate from AD to LDAP is not easy.

I'm you have experience, share it with me!

Thank you very much!

Eng Thach!

----- Original Message ----- From: David Hsu To: lnthach@yahoo.com Sent: Thursday, April 04, 02 10:07 PM Subject: Re: A Beginner's Question!!

Hi, I have solved the problem and installed openldap-2.0.23 successfully! Do you still have the problem? If yes, please contact me, and I will share my experience with you!!

  Good luck!!!

David Hsu
Ph.D
Computer Science