Client certificates in HEAD

I am a little confused by how your supposed to encrypt connections from clients other than Netscape using certificates. I understand you need a certificate on the server side (i.e., I am using a signed certificated from Thawte, and it works fine from Netscape). However, I cannot figure out how to grant the client a certificate for presentation to the server!

Every attempt to encrypt the connection results in a "warning:bad certificate" on the servers side. How do I point the client (ldapsearch or related command) to it's certificate? How do I force the client to use an appropriate IP for the connection (I am using this on a machine with 5 interfaces)?

Help appreciated!

Tony

* Anthony Brock                                         abrock@georgefox.edu *
* Director of Network Services                         George Fox University *