Re: Quick question how to manage pam + nss !!!

>There are two packages provided by padl (www.padl.com): nss_ldap and
>pam_ldap.  You'll find sample configurations within the distribution as
>well as some documentation.  There are also mailing lists which are more
>suitable and you should be able to find information at the same site.
>>After no one answerded my question about pam + nss, i try it in an other
>>simplier way.
>>What is ncessary to login, ftp, ssh, cyrus to provide ldap
>>authentication ?

A correct configuration. :)  Sorry, couldn't resist.

>I read that nscd + the right config is necessary to provide that.

No, nscd has nothing to do with a "functioning" config.  If you read that
somewhere, throw that document away.  nscd helps a host not to be really
stinkin' slow.

>Can anyone be so kind and reply some words how the ldap structure has to
>be against nss.
>Also, a short config will help me to implement ldap + pam + nss.

RedHat has documents on this,  and  I cover it extensively at
ftp://kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/ldapv3.pdf

If your using RH, just run authconfig

If none of that helps you should try the lists on the PADL site,  as this
isn't really specific to OpenLDAP at all.

Ximian GNOME, Evolution, LTSP, and RedHat Linux + LVM & XFS