RE: Sec:U ERROR

Hi,

This is actually an administration problem.  If you didn't save the log of
'make install' there is no automatic way to uninstall.  The only thing you
can do is to try to find all files below certain directory (probably
/usr/local) which are in vicinity of each other in respect to ctime
(find(1) program could help you here).  Another way could be that you do
another installation in a separate directory tree, e.g.:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/stow/openldap-2.0.23
make depend all test
make install

Then do something like:

find /usr/local/stow/openldap-2.0.23 -type f |
while read f; do
        find /usr/local -name $f
done | grep -v /usr/local/stow/openldap-2.0.23 > openldap-files.list

After saving the configuration files and inspecting the generated list:

rm `cat openldap-files.list`

or similar.

If you are doing a reinstall of the same version, this procedure should
catch all files.

NB:  The stow package can save quite a bit of time in cases like this.  If
one cares about her system and has many self-compiled packages, she should
definitely have stow installed.

Dejan
Please respond to "Mclean, Patrick" <Patrick.Mclean@dsto.defence.gov.au>
Sent by:        owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org