Re: quick question about a slave openldap server

Em Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 12:19:40PM +0000, Pierangelo Masarati escreveu:
> It has nothing to do with the slaves.  A slave is by definition
> read-only, since it returns a referral to the master for any write
> attempt that is not performed by the updatedn.  Even the rootdn
> of a slave cannot write to it (of course unless it is the same
> as the updatedn ...)

Interesting. So, what you are saying is that only the updatedn can
write to a slave. I'll try that, I was using rootdn as updatedn and
saw that rootdn could write to it, that got me confused and I assumed
that rootdn could always write to a slave, unless it's explicitly in
readonly mode.
I'll try creating another dn, ACLing it so that it can update the slave,
and using it as updatedn and check the behaviour, thanks. It should be
the only dn able to write to the slave, correct?