Re: Microsoft ADS and OpenLDAP

>I am new to this group.
>We have a Microsoft 2000 Domain. We plan to use the same username password
>for accessing the mails off qmail, control access to the Internet, which
>goes through squid proxy and access the cvs repository.

OpenLDAP/PAM/NSS does all this very nicely.

>I have no clue how to do this. I have installed OpenLDAP 2.0 on a RedHat
>Linux 7.1 box and I am able to add users, and access. But am not able to
>enable authentication using that ldap database.

It is probably easiest to just use AD as the DSA.  Grab the
MKSADExtPlugin and you should be able to pam_ldap and nss_ldap against
your AD server.  http://www.css-solutions.ca/ad4unix/

>The info I need now is where do I look for documentation, which will help me
>enable the LDAP authentication on the Linux box. And how do I replicate the
>Active Directory Users to the LDAP database on the Linux systems on a
>regular basis.

I'm not aware of a way to replication AD -> OpenLDAP as they do
replication via some convoluted connection on port 25.  But there are
other people on the list that know alot more about AD than me.