Re: Problem in login?

>My system is RedHat Linux 7.2. Before I used shadowed password. I have
>configured LDAP successfully (I can add/browser/search a entry).
>Before I change "Authentication" my database LDAP contains no things except
>a structure like: ou=People,dc=vn, dc=test,dc=com

You need to add account objects?  If you have accounts in /etc/passwd or
some other file you can use the migration scripts.

See ftp://kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/ldapv3.pdf

>Now, run "setup" command to choose Authentication is "use LDAP" and input:
>Server: <ip address>
>Base DN is: ou=People,dc=vn, dc=test,dc=com
>Then, I reboot the machine. I could not login to RedHat Linux with all of
>account. Even, account root that I used it to login before.

Do you get any messages in /var/log/messages or /var/log/secure?  You
made sure the LDAP service automatically starts when you boot?

>I'm a newer to LDAP and Linux.

This is actually more of a PAM/NSS question than an OpenLDAP one, as it
sounds like you basically have the DSA working.  You might be
more/better help on one of PADL's lists.  PADL maintains the PAM and NSS
modules for LDAP.