OpenLDAP gurus: Problem between 1.2.x client side and 2.0.21-1 slapd?

Hi, all,

I wonder if anyone had experienced connection problems between 1.2.x client and 2.0.21-1 server?

We have some code that is linked with 1.2.x (I think it was 1.2.9). A customer has been using it fine with an OpenLDAP server until they upgraded the server to 2.0.21-1 recently.

The symptom on the slapd side: The connection between the client and slapd would work okay for a while. Then slapd starts to show a "deferring operation" message thousands and thousands of times. After that, no search or bind seems to work any more. When they shutdown slapd, the client would reestablish a connection to the server. That would work for a while and then the whole things repeats.

Any help or pointer would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
--
Wei Wang                  mailto:weiwang@interlinknetworks.com
Interlink Networks, Inc.  http://www.interlinknetworks.com