Re: OpenLDAP and Solaris

Thank you!

I missed the patch, but now i'm able to use LDAP if i create
/var/ldap/ldap_client_file and /var/ldap/ldap_client_cred by hand. But
ldapclient didn't work.

ldapclient -v -P default -d informatik.rwth-aachen.de <ip>
parsing -P option
parsing -d option
findDN: begins
findDN: calling __ns_ldap_default_config()
found 1 namingcontexts
findDN: __ns_ldap_list(NULL,
"(&(objectclass=nisDomainObject)(nisdomain=informatik.rwth-aachen.de))"
rootDN[0] dc=informatik,dc=rwth-aachen,dc=de
NOTFOUND:Could not find the nisDomainObject for DN
dc=informatik,dc=rwth-aachen,dc=de
cannot find search base DN

But ldapsearch -h <ip> -b 'dc=informatik,dc=rwth-aachen,dc=de' -s sub
"(objectClass=nisdomainobject)" gives:
dc=informatik,dc=rwth-aachen,dc=de
dc=informatik
objectClass=top
objectClass=domain
objectClass=nisdomainobject
objectClass=organization
objectClass=dcobject
[...]
nisDomain=informatik.rwth-aachen.de

What i'm doing worng?

--
Dirk Meul                         \ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign