x.500, edb2ldif

Hello everyone.  I was on this list previously, for a different position.
I return to ask the following new questions.
My new employer has a x.500 server, as part of the mail*hub product.
They are interested in leaving that behind, and moving toward lDap
I'm looking for information on this type of migration.  I have been trying
to get the edb2ldif tool compiled, to see if that will fit my needs,
but while openldap 1.2.13 (which it's included with) compiles just fine,
I get errors relating to the isode header files (which I found and
installed from isode-8).
Phew, So, My question(s) is(are), has anyone gotten edb2ldif to work,
successfully.  If so, how'dja do it?
I am also interested in any alternative methods.
Regards,
Adam