Re: objectclass: top

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Zamangoer, Ferruh wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have seen in many example.ldif  the objectclass: top in combine for
> example with objectclass: person. How can I understand this top, do I need
> them ???

You don't need to specify top.  It's the default top objectclass.  All
entries will contain top, but not always that visible...  Conclusion, you
MAY specify, but it isn't necessary.

> dn: cn=root, o=example, c=de
> objectclass: top
> objectclass: person
> cn: root
> sn: root
> userpassword: secret
>
> The second question , how many entries can I store in a container . I can
> remeber that I have read in some book , that only 1000 Entries can be store
> in a container Object can anybody confirm this Information.

I've no clue.  I suppose you can hack your way into it.  if there are some
limitations, you also should be able to extend them to your own preferred
max-number...

Raf

--
As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing
ACUNIA nv                                          raf.meeusen@acunia.com