Too many tokens?

Good day,

We're in the process of setting up OpenLDAP to be the Db backend for a third
party DNS/DHCP product.  We're using Redhat 7.2, OpenLDAP 2.0.21-1 (Redhat
RPM).

OpenLDAP itself is working fine, but it chokes when we try to load the
schema file.  The following error is logged:

Too many tokens (max 500)

.. and then the server exits.

The schema does have a couple of objectclasses that have almost 300
different "MAY" attributes, so combined with the $ tokens, that would
slightly exceed 500.

It seems that the parser has a hard limit on how many tokens it can parse
(which, if true, I honestly feel is very stupid).

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Is there an easy way to fix this without recompiling?  And, if this a limit
that is compiled in, can it be changed so that the limit can be increased
dynamically?

Thanks in advance to those that reply,

Darren Gamble
Planner, Regional Services